Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014

I took the kids for a walk in the river valley. Imogen pretended to walk the tightrope on the line painted on the paved bicycle path.

Imogen: Remember Mirette on the Highwire?  Was she fictitious or real?

Me: I don't remember, it's been a while since we read that book. I remember that the man who taught her was a real tightrope walker though.

Imogen: The Great Bellini! 

Me: Yes, I think that was his name. We'll look up Mirette when we get home. You have such a good memory, Imogen!

Fast forward to bedtime. I am reading Imogen the 3rd book in the series The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place. We are on Chapter 12.

Me: blah blah blah Cassiopiea said blah blah...

Imogen,  interrupting: Who is Cassiopiea?

Me: One of the three Incorrigible Children, the main characters in the series we have been reading.

Imogen: Oh, I forgot. You may proceed.

What the.?!

No comments:

Post a Comment